To Syrina With Love

Syrina is 12 years old (born January 18, 1995). When she was 18 months old, she was diagnosed with autism and epilepsy. Even now, she can't speak, can't go to the toilet (she wears specially made diapers), and can't do such rudimentary things as feeding herself using a fork and/or spoon. This blog is comprised of all the things I would love to say to her, but which I don't know that she'll ever understand. I, of course, am her mother.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom

I'm an American "ex-pat," having moved to my husband's hometown in 2003. I'm now enjoying life as a "domestic goddess" ... or as close to one as I can GET! *lol* I've been married to the love of my life since 1999, and I have 4 gorgeous girls, of whom I'm very proud. I can be a little neurotic and krazy at times... and very opinionated. However, as opinionated as I am, I'm also very open-minded and have a "live and let live" attitude. I'm a walking, breathing contradiction... and that's why people love me. :)

Monday, July 17, 2006

Following in Grandma's footsteps

I nearly crapped myself when I saw this. At first, I thought "what did she get THIS for?"

But then I took a look in your home/school diary, and realized you'd MADE it!!!

I don't know how they managed to get you to do it, but my GOD, it's beautiful!!

Or... well... I should say it WAS beautiful, because you made it the week before last, and I just didn't have the time to sit down and post it up on here before now. And I just had to throw it away this morning, because the flowers were all dead and dried up. Frown

Your grandma will be VERY proud of you when she sees this. She's not going to believe her eyes!!! Shocked Being a florist herself, and a perfectionist to boot, I'm sure she'll appreciate it so much more than most people - myself included - would.

You did a GREAT job, sweetie!!! I showed it off to as many people as I could when you first did it, and now I get to show it off to the whole world! Thumbs Up





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home