To Syrina With Love

Syrina is 12 years old (born January 18, 1995). When she was 18 months old, she was diagnosed with autism and epilepsy. Even now, she can't speak, can't go to the toilet (she wears specially made diapers), and can't do such rudimentary things as feeding herself using a fork and/or spoon. This blog is comprised of all the things I would love to say to her, but which I don't know that she'll ever understand. I, of course, am her mother.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom

I'm an American "ex-pat," having moved to my husband's hometown in 2003. I'm now enjoying life as a "domestic goddess" ... or as close to one as I can GET! *lol* I've been married to the love of my life since 1999, and I have 4 gorgeous girls, of whom I'm very proud. I can be a little neurotic and krazy at times... and very opinionated. However, as opinionated as I am, I'm also very open-minded and have a "live and let live" attitude. I'm a walking, breathing contradiction... and that's why people love me. :)

Friday, June 02, 2006

It just never ends.

I felt so bad for you this morning. As if throwing up all over yourself last night wasn't bad enough, I woke up this morning to find that you'd had diarrhea. And I only had about 4 hours of sleep, so I doubt it had been that long since it happened. But regardless, it was nearly all over you. All the way up your back, and down to your knees. Sick

So you had to have yet ANOTHER shower. (Thank God we actually HAVE a shower now, though... I'd hate to think how difficult it would have been to get you clean if I'd had to give you a bath!)

I think the diarrhea is what caused the throwing up, though. You have a lot of the same problems physically that I've had - like gas. And I know that sometimes I get gas so bad that I feel sick to my stomach, and then I get diarrhea like crazy. But then, once it's over, I feel normal again.

I'm just glad this happened now, when you were already off school for the week. I'd hate to think what would happen if this had happened on a school day. You'd probably end up missing school for that day, and you would absolutely hate that. Frown

Edited, 11:30 p.m.

You had a really good day, aside from the very beginning. Once we got you all cleaned up and dressed, you had breakfast, and I noticed you were eating it and enjoying it a hell of a lot more than you had your dinner last night.

After getting you a drink of juice, you went and sat in the bedroom with your Daddy for a while. For once, you actually just sat there with him instead of making a mess, like you've been doing lately!

I had loads of laundry to do because of your tummy problems, and even though I had only had about 4 hours of sleep and was REALLY tired, I figured I'd get that done and out of the way before I let myself lay back down. I managed to get everything from your room washed and hung out on the line by 2 p.m. Considering that that consisted of 4 loads of laundry (well, 3, but one of them I had to wash twice because it had all the puke on it), that's not too bad.

You were really insistent this afternoon, though. You were in the kitchen and came into the living room... walked right up to me and pinched me - HARD - on the arm. I yelled "Ow! What?!" and you bent over, picked up your cup and handed it to me.

In other words, it was "Hey! Mom! I need a drink!"

But sheesh. Ya didn't hafta PINCH! I would have understood if you'd just handed me the cup!

I had to laugh at you a little later, though. You found your way outside - which was just fine with me, it was an absolutely gorgeous day out there. I knew you were out there, even though I didn't see you - I had the back door open and could hear you. I had gotten up to switch the laundry over and make you and your sisters some lunch, and that's when I saw you. You were all the way at the bottom of the garden, by the gate, sitting down on the ground! Lol

The more I thought about it, the more it made sense, though. You have always loved being outside, even if you don't actually DO anything out there. You just like BEING out there. And considering just HOW nice it was today (not a cloud in the sky, and so warm I was sweating at some points), I could understand why you'd just sit down and enjoy being out in the fresh air.

But then you laid down and fell asleep!!!! Shocked

That's going just a little too far. I was busy with something at the time, so I asked your sister to go tell your Daddy what you were doing, and he came out and woke you up and made you come in the house. It was kind of a good thing, though. You were enjoying the fresh air so much that when I'd made lunch, you refused to come in the house and get it!

Now THAT'S bad... when you're enjoying being outside so much that you won't come and get FOOD! Open Mouth





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home